Hello! We've created some guidelines to help you use our brand and assets, including our logo, content and trademarks without having to negotiate legal agreements for each use. To make any use of our marks in a way not covered by these guidelines, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include a visual mockup of intended use.
The Slack marks include the Slack name and logo, and any word, phrase, image, or other designation that identifies the source or origin of any of Slack's products. Please don't modify the marks or use them in a confusing way, including suggesting sponsorship or endorsement by Slack, or in a way that confuses Slack with another brand (including your own).
Our brand assets can be downloaded from Brandfolder.
Get Brand Assets
The colored version of the Slack hash logo can ONLY be used on a white background. If you are using the Slack logo on any other background color, use either the black or white monochrome logo.
Do not place the Slack hash logo over background colors that clash. If in doubt, use monochrome!
When using the Slack hash logo with other logos and graphic elements, maintain a safety space that equals 200% the size of the square around the hash.
We politely ask that you don't:
- Use any logos or similar imagery to represent Slack other than what is found in the Slack Brandfolder
- Rotate the hash mark or alter its positioning in relation to the Slack name
- Change the colors on the hash logo
- Overprint or obstruct any part of the logo
- Add special effects to the logo
- Use old versions or any other marks or logos to represent our brand
Visual design of your website or application
- Design your site with unique branding and logos. Do not copy or imitate the look and feel of the Slack website or apps, as this could create user confusion.
- You must not use, display, mirror or frame (including in meta-tags or hidden text) Slack websites, or any individual element of Slack websites, Slack's name, trademarks, logos or other proprietary information, or the layout and design of any page or form contained on a page.
If utilizing the Slack API to support your service or application, you must feature a prominent banner that:
- States clearly that your service is "not created by, affiliated with, or supported by Slack Technologies, Inc."
- Is clearly visible on either a dark or light background. Text should be a minimum of 15pt. and a minimum of 80% opacity black or white in color.
- Is displayed on initial page load
- You're entitled to say that your website or application is integrated with Slack (we like people integrating with Slack!), but please don't use the Slack marks as part of the name of your company, application, product, or service, or in any logo you create.
- Do not register a domain containing “slack” (including misspellings, transliterations or similar variations) if it could make people think that Slack provides or officially supports anything offered from that domain. That would be very uncool.
- Do not apply for a trademark with a name including “Slack”, the Slack hash, transliterations or similar variations thereof.
- Please note that we generally don’t permit use of our marks on merchandise.
- Do not use the Slack name, the Slack logo, or any other confusingly similar marks on any apparel, product, toy, or any other merchandise.
By using the Slack marks you agree to follow these guidelines as well as our Terms of Service and all our rules and policies. Slack reserves the right to cancel, modify, or change the permission in these guidelines at any time at its sole discretion. For further information about use of the Slack name and trademarks, please contact email@example.com.